Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Moving...Not a Good Time to Start a Blog

Okay, so I'm moving classrooms right now - really schools - and I haven't had a lot of time to take pictures and work on any projects. Right now I'm collecting boxes and boxing up my classroom library - then I'm hoping to move on to EVERYTHING else. I have about 600 books in my classroom library - 2 full bookshelves - and I think I'll finally have enough boxes tomorrow to finish the job.

My move is to the high school. I have been teaching middle school for 7 years and now I'm movin' to the big time! (lol) I didn't choose the move, but I'm looking forward to teaching high school. It's what I prepared for. I student taught Senior English and then was hired to teach middle school Drama. After teaching Drama for 4 years it was time to move on. So, I have taught 7th grade English for the past 3 years and while I like the kids, middle school is definitely not my scene. I will miss my soccer team and the kids, but not the incessant talking-while-I'm talking (especially common in 7th grade!).

Coming soon:
~Do it yourself wall-art
~Classroom projects and my philosophy
~A cheap and easy backsplash
~My hair :-D

Remember to experiment upon the words - all of them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment